Sunday, April 1, 2012

Mechanical Arm Reference



  I thought this was a very interesting video, so I posted it here. The mechanical arm actually is being used as a ride. That could turn very bad if the arm happened to malfunction, because the man's head gets very close to the ground. However, I think that this shows how mechanical arms are designed to withstand various amounts of weight. They are also being used for more than just the manufacturing of vehicles, appliances, etc.




  This is a practical use for a mechanical arm, and directly relates to the robotic arm project that I am working on. This arm is designed to pick up small wooden blocks and place them into a glass jar. In my project I want my robotic arm to pick up a mortar and place it into a launcher. This will launch the missle at whatever it is trying to destroy. I will be able to use this reference footage to help design the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment