Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Squash & Stretch



During my last research post I found an article about overlapping action, and I think that this article is also a part of that set of animation information. That being said, I was able to easily understand and get the information that I needed. 

What I learned from reading this article

 Every object has its own amount of flexibility. Even if you think that something doesn't flex or squash and stretch, the object has some sort of reaction. 

Rigidity - The ease at which the object squashes & stretches. (ex. A bowling ball has a high amount of rigidity, and a rubber ball has a low amount of Rigidity.) 

The bowling ball is very rigid and does not move much, whereas the rubber ball is not rigid and moves much more.

Volume - The object being squashed and stretched always keeps the same volume. This is important to remember when animation your object or character. 


You NEVER want to use scale to imitate squash and stretch, because it removes or adds volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment