Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Observation - Walking

Knight was obtained from this Website
  I have been observing various people walking around my neighborhood, to the train, from the train, and downtown. I have even tried to watch or understand how I walk, but every time I think about myself walking, it is like my joints lock up or something. It is just like when you think about yourself breathing, and it becomes harder to keep your breathing steady.

  I noticed that larger people obviously walk slower than those who have a more slender figure. Also, men seem to walk with their arms outward, and women seem to keep a close knit walk.

  As with most women, when they walk, their legs cross and move more fluidly. I also noticed a couple of people walking with limps or hiccups in their walk cycles.

  If I were to transfer any of these walks to a character, I would definitely choose to use one with a slight defect or limp, because it gives it more emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment